Sunday, March 27, 2011

DIY Chalkboard


  • I have been obsessed with all the do-it-yourself and thifty blogs out there lately. This is one of the projects I have tried at home :) Nothing more satisfying that working on something to have the user say - "I love this!" - which is exactly what happened :) I had a good time doing this, but an even better time watching Ellie get excited about it!

  • Anyone interested?? It was super easy - 1. bought a small can of chalkboard paint at Home Depot ($10 - and this project used a small fraction of the can) 2. drew an outline on the wall with a pencil of what you're looking at 3. did three coats of paint (waiting at least 3 hours in between) 4. waited 7 days and then drew (more like shaded) all over the board with chalk 5.wiped the chalkboard with a wet cloth (This last step is called "curing". The directions on the can did not mention this, but everywhere I read about this project said to do this.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home