Sunday, March 27, 2011

DIY Silhouette



This is another project that was super easy and ended up a success! I've seen so many different types of silhouettes and haven't been ready to choose which kind I wanted and/or spend the money on it. I was also thinking something professional might be better for when Ellie is a little older :)



This is where I took most of my "direction" from - www.casasugar.com/DIY-How-Make-Silhouette-Portraits-829488



  • I don't have a fancy photoshop type program, so I took a side shot of Ellie and printed it out (in the size I wanted the silhouette to be).

  • Cut it out (with very sharp kitchen scissors)

  • Traced it on black cardstock from the craft store (62 cents for a large piece)

  • Cut the silhouette out (again with the kitchen scissors)

  • Pasted it on a piece of white card stock (62 cents)

  • Framed it (Home Goods around $7)

3 Comments:

At April 8, 2011 at 9:54 PM , Blogger Richmond Thrifter said...

Yours came out so great! Just copied your pictures for the post Im going to do next week! THANKS for sharing!

 
At April 8, 2011 at 9:54 PM , Blogger Richmond Thrifter said...

Do you mind if I link back to your blog?

 
At April 9, 2011 at 10:20 PM , Blogger Kasey Broocks said...

yea! you can definitely link back :) i also did the chalkboard pots and will post the pics this week :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home