Sunday, April 10, 2011

Green Thumb

I was trolling the blogs last week and stumbled upon this: www.scissorsandspatulas.com/2011/03/martha-inspired-terracotta-herb-pots.html This woman has lots of great ideas! I love EASY crafts - things that don't take a long time or are labor intensive. This was the perfect thing! I bought three 8 inch terracotta pots @ Michael's craft store. They were $3.50 each. I used the same can of paint I used for Ellie's chalkboard. (There is still more left!) For the inside of the pots, I used left over paint from painting my guest room earlier in the week. You need to use something to paint the inside of the pots so the outside paint doesn't chip off when you water your herbs/flowers. Do not paint all the way up to the top....leave a little space so the paint doesn't peek out from the dirt.
My little helper :) We made a smaller pot for her with her name! She loved decorating with chalk while I planted my herbs - instant distraction from what I was doing!
The results! I love them! I did two coats of the chalkboard paint. Since they are being used outdoors, I didn't write in chalk or chalkboard markers - that would require relabeling everytime they got wet! I used a white terracotta paint pen - they were right above the pots @ Michaels. I think it was around $4.


3 Comments:

At April 11, 2011 at 9:02 PM , Blogger Richmond Thrifter said...

OH MY GOSH!!! I LOVE THEM! They came out perfect! You have such neat handwriting! If I ever try this I might need you to write on mine for me ;) Definitely sharing these soon!

 
At April 11, 2011 at 9:25 PM , Blogger Susan Moss said...

When did you get so creative?!?!? Love all your fun projects you have been doing. Go creative Mama

 
At April 12, 2011 at 2:40 PM , Blogger Kasey Broocks said...

Susan - definitely the former teacher coming out! And now that we're in a new house I have lots of empty space to fill (cheaply!). Erin - loved the silhouette post....use this one anytime! I thought about using stencils for the letters but didn't want to deal with the marker bleeding...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home